News Icon

Acquisition hits the right note for Sussex band management agency

DK Music Management, a leading band management agency based in Hove, has completed its acquisition of entertainment agency Warble Entertainment in a deal advised on by EMC Corporate Finance.

DK initially took a minority 25% stake in Warble – the UK’s most popular entertainment agency for weddings and corporate events – in 2015 and has now bought the remaining 75%.

Nik Askaroff, who led the EMC team advising the DK Music Management shareholders on both phases of the acquisition, said that the success of the company’s initial investment in Warble had prompted it to buy the rest of the shares.

“The two companies have worked incredibly closely since DK Music made its initial investment in Warble three years ago, so it made the decision to buy the rest of the shares a fairly easy one,” he said.

“DK Music is already one of the country’s top agencies with 30-plus cover and party bands under its management, but now it can also offer an online portal where the public can book a whole range of entertainers – musicians, caricaturists, magicians, comedians, lookalikes, singing waiters and so on – for their weddings, parties or corporate events.”

The deal is the eighth completed so far this year by EMC Corporate Finance making it the Hove-based firm’s best start to a calendar year since its formation in 1989.

EMC had support in the acquisition from James Chadburn of Dean Wilson who provided legal advice to the DK Music Management shareholders.

Back to all news