John is a commercially focused general manager who has held several International sales director positions prior to moving into general management. A pharmacist by 1st degree, he holds an MBA and is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing.
John spent the early part of his career in pharmaceuticals and healthcare, later moving into senior management with companies involved in the manufacture and sales of sophisticated fire protection products for the construction, oil and gas, and marine industries.
He has run manufacturing and sales organisations across Europe, the Middle East and Asia, enjoying significant success supplying large construction infrastructure projects and pan-European deals to healthcare companies.
He has headed £50-£100m SME divisions for multinationals including Cape, Etex, Rexam, Akzo Nobel and Pfizer, and managed businesses in France, Germany and Italy, as well as having extensive operational success in the Middle East.
- Post-acquisition integration of construction products companies grew new company sales consistently through distribution and direct sales by > 5% CAGR over a 10-year period.
- Negotiated pan-European contracts with healthcare companies worth over £25m to pharmaceutical supplier.
- Took Middle East construction business from £1m to >£10m and opened new manufacturing site.
- Consistent growth of UK construction supplier over 10 years, returning 20% EBITDA.
- Grew global marine products business from £2m to over £10m.
- Introduced over £20m of new products to healthcare companies through brand extension and product innovation.
- Acquisition and integration of new businesses
- Restructuring and relocating businesses to support production and commercial issues/change
- Reviewing and developing new business and identifying new distribution channels
- Understanding and developing business in the Middle East
- Has managed many manufacturing sites improving profitability by > 10% annually through application of lean principles and improved productivity.
- Has moved factories and product sourcing, often changing continents where product is manufactured with minimal customer disturbance and no stock outs.
John is married with two children and lives in Arundel. His hobbies include rugby coaching, sailing, mountain biking and golf.